How many of you are so busy shuttling the kids, finishing projects and working the daily grind to decorate for Christmas?
Here at Showhome, we understand that struggle.
In the world we live in there is so much pressure to present the “perfect” image.
Chestnuts roasting by an open fire and all that bit.
So when you actually have time to spend on celebrating the season, instead of binge-watching the Crown in your bedroom, why don’t you try some of our tips?
Below we have a list of some of our favorite Christmas-time traditions of our families that we want to share with you!
And don’t forget to read until the end for a fun DIY!
10 Top Tips!
1. Get together with a group of your friends and do a cookie exchange.
Not only is it a ton of fun, but you will also have delicious cookies to share throughout the season!
2. Secret Santa a few neighbors (kids especially love this)
And it doesn’t need to be anything crazy, just visit the local Dollar Store for something to gift!
Identify a few homes you want to go to, bring your gift, ring the doorbell and RUN!
3. Find the elderly or lonely in your community to go caroling to.
(Nursing homes are always welcoming)
While it seems nerve-wracking, the joy you bring to other’s lives is worth the fear.
Bring along a speaker with your favorite Christmas music, to help you sound fantastic. 😉
4. Make a hot cocoa bar in your kitchen and have some device-free time sipping cocoa with the family and reading Christmas books.
5. Go ice-skating! Bowness Park is always fun if you are in Calgary, or hit up some skating wherever you live, plus it counts as exercise!
Sometimes we get so busy getting gifts for those we love we don’t actually spend time with them.
When you have a minute check out their site: Six Sisters
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and one cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, then stir in water and molasses.
- Fold in flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt and mix until well combined. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll in sugar and place 2″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack.
CHRISTMAS WREATH DIY
How to make an adorable Christmas wreath in just a few easy steps!
1. Go to the dollar store and buy a plain wreath for cheap
2. Pick trimmings from your tree and add them to the wreath
3. Add snowflakes and a bow
4. Spray with fake snow or sparkles
Now that you have such a beautiful wreath, post a picture of it onto Showhome Furniture’s Facebook page before you give it away or hang it up to make your home more festive!
Take your kids to a live nativity and remember the reason for the season.
Google “live nativities near me” and you will find some great ones!
This time of year can be hectic and crazy, but we want you to know that Showhome loves you!
Have a very merry Christmas!
Thanks for reading and be sure to share with us your Christmas tips!